Can You Microwave Bacon?
Short answer: Yes
You can microwave bacon and get out a wonderful meal out of it.
Remember that all products from pigs require sufficient preparation under adequate heat conditions.
The main purpose is to ensure the best of your health. For instance, just in case the pork has any cysts, you can safeguard the health of the consumers. The consequence is that, the heat will destroy them.
At the end, it safeguards from suffering the consequences of ingesting them.
So microwaving your bacon gives you a sure way to prepare it.
What do you require to microwave bacon?
- Have in place microwave-safe plates, and bowels in some instances.
- Simple, you also require paper towels for you to line up the plates or bowels as you microwave your bacon.
The process of microwaving bacon is not complicated. Here’s what you do:
- You have to start with your microwave safe plate. Line up its surface with the paper towels.
- Arrange your bacon on the surface already covered by the paper towels.
- Cover your now arranged bacon with paper towels
- Proceed to microwave the bacon for a period of between 15 to 20 minutes.
Some prefer the crispy bacon and you may wonder how one can get that. Simple.
If your preference is for crispy bacon, you have to observe one simple point.
That is, instead of placing the bacon on the paper towel, you need the bowl:
- Place the bowl inverted on the microwave-safe plate.
- On the underside of the bowl(that is now inverted), place the paper towels. Finally, place your bacon on top of it.
- Next, proceed to microwave it.
Here’s the point: the bowl ensures that the extra oil from the bacon spills off into your safe plate.
The end effect is the crispy bacon that you crave.
If your bacon is deep frozen, you have to observe some extra step.
It’s the defrosting bit.
You may defrost, by taking the ordinary option. That simply involves allowing the bacon to be in contact with room temperature for some hours for it to defrost.
When you decide to defrost your bacon via the microwave, do so in instances of a minute.
You may do so on your bacon, two times taking a minute in and out of the microwave.